VICE - VIET
VOLUNTEERING OF INTERNATIONAL CARE AND EDUCATION IN VIETNAM
The development of the world today undergoes a process of change towards a new world order. Behind the change process itself, we cannot deny that there are still many people who still need our helping.
Based on the statement above, Youth for Education plans to run the program VICE-VIET. Youth for Education is a Non-Government Organization that was just founded on September 18, 2018 and in collaboration with Youth Collab. VICE-VIET itself stands for Volunteering of International Care and Education in Vietnam.
Types of VICE-VIET activities are Homestay in several humanitarian institutes in Hanoi. Bleak orphanages, disability, and others. The goal are to give enthusiasm to persons with disabilities and to introduce Indonesian language and culture in English teaching activities.
The reason we chose Vietnam, because of the large number of English language institutions organized by Vietnamese youth, it moved us to combine humanity, education, and additional culture.
Detail Site & Program
Hanoi – Vietnam, located on the banks of the Red River, is one of the most ancient capitals in the world, where travellers can find well-preserved colonial buildings, ancient pagodas, and unique museums within the city centre. A great place to explore on foot, this French-colonial city is also known for its delectable cuisine, vibrant nightlife, silks and handicrafts, as well as a multi-cultural community that’s made up of Chinese, French and Russian influences. -VietnamGuides.com-
When going abroad, the Indonesian Embassy visit is an obligation. In this activity, VICE-VIET will visit the Indonesian Embassy in Hanoi twice, the first and last day of the program. The first day the Volunteers will conduct a Group discussion to design Homestay Humanity programs and cooking competitions. The second visit is closing and the “Indo-Viet Friendship“ event.
Homestay humanity is a program where volunteers are given five days of opportunity institutions humanity, such as orphanages and other places. They will perform some of the activities that have designed in the group discussion .
There are several activities that will be implemented at Humanity Homestay. Where volunteers will help the institution teaching English to the hosting. In addition, volunteers and the host will share about their respective cultures. Interestingly, volunteers will teach Indonesian culture and dances to show at the event “Indo-Viet Friendship” and closing VICE-VIET program that will be held at Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Hanoi after completing Volunteer Homestay program.
Heritage Visit (YEN-TU Pagoda)
One VICE-VIET closing is to visit one of the historic places in Vietnam is “Yen Tu Pagoda”. Yen Tu Mountain is one of the highest peaks in the Dong Trieu Mountains in the north-eastern area of Vietnam, located within the area of Uong Bi Town, Quang Ninh Province. Besides being a famous natural landscape, Yen Tu preserves numerous historical relics and is also known as “The cradle of Buddhism in Vietnam”.
• Airport Assistance
• Check in Hanoi Hostel
• Welcoming Dinner at Hostel
• Program Visit ( Umah Indo at Indonesian Embassy in Hanoi)
– Panel Discussion – Sharing Discussions – Cooking competition
• Anoor Mosque
• Visit to each group Host (Humanity Institutions)
• Staying at Humanity Institutions
• Teaching English
• Introduce culture and Bahasa language of Indonesia
• Exercise an Indonesian’s culture show for Friendship of Indonesia -Vietnam
• Program Visit : Umah Indo (Vietnam) at Indonesian Embassy Vitnam
• Friendship Event of Indonesia-Vietnam\
• Delegate Culture Performance
• Closing & Award Ceremony
• Vietnam Tour at Pagoda Temple ‘ Yen Tu Pagoda’
• Back to hotel
• Check out
What will Volunteers Get?
DEADLINE SCHOLARSHIP : 15 January 2019
DEADLINE SELF FUNDED : 30 January 2019
1. Youth aged 19-35 years.
2. Willing to follow, obey the program rules and able to work in team.
3. Have a high commitment to be a global community, a spirit of dedication, humanity, volunteering, and education.
4. Have a good character do not have record of bad behavior.
5. Able to teach English
SELF FUNDED Program Cost :
1. IDR 2.500.000 ID (ex. Ticketing Flight)
2. Registration Form
3. Waiting for Email Confirmation
4. Payment : 1st Payment : IDR1.500.000 ( 14 January 2019)
2nd Payment : IDR 1.000.000 (30 January 2019)
SCHOLARSHIP Program Cost :
1. Registration Fee : IDR 200.000 (For Donation)
2. 10 Scholarship Volunteers accepted
3. Scholarship only for program (Exl. Ticketing Flight)
4. Steps of Recruitments :
· Fill the form and pay the registration fee to Mandiri Bank 1730002062801 Nurbani Syifa
· Follow @youth4education and @youthcollab and tag 5 your friends
· Upload instagram Video about “The Important of English” with the hastags #SLA4INDONESIA #VICEVIET #YOUT4EDUCATION, tag @youth4education and @youthcollab and 5 your friends
· Top 30 selected candidate volunteers will be sent to your email for interview (Video Call)
· Top 20 selected candidate volunteers will be sent to your email and Forum Group Discussion (Video Call)
· The 10 selected volunteers will be announced on @youth4education instagram.